- Your Government
- City Boards & Commissions
- Parks Board
Parks Board Meetings
- Last Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
- City Municipal Court Building, 98 Lakeshore Drive, El Lago, TX 77586
Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Please verify date and time on the current agenda.
Citizens are welcome to attend meetings and are encouraged to make a citizen’s comment.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All Agendas and Minutes
Click here to contact Parks Board.
- Tiffany Wallace, Chairman
- Shirley Brasseaux
- Ryan Brooks
- Tia Brooks
- Elizabeth Hawkins
- Ruth Tully
- Rob Wohrer
Do you enjoy to volunteering? Then consider coming alongside the El Lago Parks Board to help beautify and maintain the three City of El Lago parks (Neil Armstrong, Robert Witty, and Ronald McNair Memorial) and also city entrances. Please contact the Parks Board to see how you can help with future projects.
Parks Board Current Projects
- New pet-friendly fountain in McNair Park - the fountain is on order and will be installed soon.
- Park bench replacement - information and bids for damaged benches in need of repair and/or replacement are being collected.
- Park lighting refurbishment - City Council is in process of approving bids to refurbish McNair Park lighting along with pouring concrete around the pole bases to protect them from weed-eaters and crazy ants.
- Entrance renovation - Ideas are being considered for entrance renovations. Lakeshore Drive is the first entrance being considered for renovation.
- Armstrong Memorial - Ideas and thoughts are being collected on how to better recognize Neil Armstrong in the Armstrong Park. Armstrong and his family were residents of El Lago when he made his historic walk on the moon on July 20, 1969.
Parks Board Past Projects
- Butterfly garden
- Growing Milkweed for Monarch Butterflies educational meeting
- New and Refurbished park playground equipment