Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
CERT is a Harris County Citizen Corps sponsored series of classes designed to prepare you to help yourself, your family and your neighbors in the event of anticipated and potentially hazardous disruptions following a disaster.
Many other El Lago residents have taken this training course and found it to be very beneficial. The basic training provided can potentially save lives as well as protect property.
The free program runs for 8 week 3 hours per session and covers Disaster Preparedness, Medical Operations, Disaster Psychology, Fire Safety and Utility Controls, Light Search and Rescue Operations, Terrorism response and CERT organization. You will also receive a back pack filled with emergency gear
The director/coordinator of the El Lago C.E.R.T. team is Art Richard - 281-326-3348 - and communications coordinator Gary Evans - 832-236-5625.
- CenterPoint Energy: 888-836-6709
- Emergency Police, Fire Department, and Ambulance: 911
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Relief: 800-621-3362
- Houston Chapter of American Red Cross: 713-526-8300
- Reliant Energy: 713-207-2222