- Our Community
- Garbage & Recycling Collection
Garbage & Recycling Collection
AmeriWaste is the City's waste removal contractor. For any comments, questions or complaints, they can be contacted via the AmeriWaste customer service office at 281-331-8400.
AmeriWaste looks forward to providing you exceptional service in the City of EI Lago. The following is an outline of services to be provided along with our collection policies:
Daily routes run 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Items must be out for collection by 7:00 a.m.
Your pickup days are Wednesday and Saturday at the backdoor.
- All household waste will be collected at the backdoor or garage area. Containers must be visible from the street. Observed Holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. If your pickup day falls on an observed holiday, your pickup will resume on your next regular scheduled pickup day.
Heavy Trash is collected on Wednesday at the curb.
- Appliances, furniture, mattresses, and similar items may be placed curbside for collection, provided that they do not exceed 50 pounds in weight and may require additional fees. We cannot go onto private property to remove any items. Appliances that contain refrigerant must be drained and tagged by a certified refrigerant recycler prior to disposal. Water heaters need to be drained. Sheetrock, concrete, lumber, bricks or similar items are considered construction debris and may require additional fees. Please contact our Customer Service Office to have these items picked up.
Curbside Collection of Green Waste (Cans, Bags & Bundles) is provided twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays limited to a combination of ten (10) cans, bags, and/or bundles per week.
- Branches and twigs must be cut, bundled and tied, and not exceed over 5 feet in length.
- Bundles must not exceed 50 lbs. in weight.
Recycle is collected on Wednesday & Saturday at the recycle dumpsters located at 411 Tallowood next to the City Pool. Individual curbside recycling accounts can be set-up through AmeriWaste by calling (281) 331-8400. The cost for the individual accounts is $45 per year plus tax and must be paid annually. Curbside recycling is collected every Wednesday.
- Recycled products can be combined in these containers. The following items may be placed in the container:
- AmeriWaste has provided an easy to read matrix of items the can and cannot be recycled, as well as additional details. It can be found on this flyer (PDF) Please feel free to download it for future referral.
If you have any questions, or to schedule pickup of debris that does not meet the above requirements, please call the AmeriWaste customer service office at 281-331-8400.